Sunday 19 April 2015

Dont quit your day dream

They say that most young designers in their first year of business will most likely fail. But i never was a quitter. 

Life sometimes has a plan for you and no matter how much you try, mistakes and peppled problems trip you up along your path.

Taking some time off to reacess your goals for the future and to focus on your own health was something that wasn't intentionally planned but instead pushed on me by the universe.

In a stroke of pure luck or good karma being returned to me, i found a tumour in my right arm and shoulder, a cancerous tumour that i'm told would of been silenty growing and taking over given time. This finding turned my whole being upside down and forced me to reevaulate my dreams and inherently deal with the very real reality that i had been given. Forced to have 9 weeks off to have intense treatment 5 days a week to slow down the growth. My body gave me no choice but to stop and surrender. Surrender to the tears, the fatigue, the physical pain and allow myself to be able to heal. 

Its been a whirlwind few months to say the least, but after a massive surgery and an arm that will forever have minimal function i have found something i didn't know i was missing along the way. 

A strength and determination inside me to follow my swimwear dreams and a love for my own body and how beautifully strong it is. 


With love, Daisy Chain
Xx

In memory of Jess Ainscough a ray of light that without her knowing it illuminated my dark days.

No comments:

Post a Comment