Saturday 28 December 2013

Be kind to yourself 🙏

This year has been one of my hardest. Feeling inspired, happy and carefree is tricky when you are facing the loss of a loved one. 

For a daughter there is no greater love than that of a father. The first man you ever look up too. The one you call when you have car troubles, and the man that embarrasses you when you bring a boy home. 

My dad was a 6'4" handsome man full of love. He showed me what lifelong love looks like, and his devotion to the beautiful 19 year old he first met, my mother.

Hearing stories of their time living in a cottage by the river, late night guitar sessions, road tripping in a combie van, and bonding over there love of writing music and art makes me smile.

My dad was a musical,creative, peaceful soul and I can't help but feel inspired knowing that his talents run through my veins. 

Everyday with out you is different Dad, but knowing that you are at peace and free from pain comforts me. 

Life has taught me to be kind to myself, play in nature, to forgive quickly, be fearless and surround myself with the doers and the believers. 
Wldc
Xx











No comments:

Post a Comment